Sewer repair & drain cleaning contractors in Redondo Beach, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach & Torrance
Most of the time, we don’t think about the sewer and drainage system in our house, even though we use it every single day. It’s one of those things that no one really notices until it causes problems, and when it causes problems, everyone knows it! Here we’ve gathered a few things that you should know about sewer and drain cleaning, and how to prevent a costly maintenance call. If you are looking for sewer repair & drain cleaning contractors in Redondo Beach, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance and the surrounding areas, Kizen Plumbing can help.
- How will I know if my sewer or drain needs cleaning? The most common sign that your drain is clogged is back up – sewage or other waste water (sink, shower) backing up into the various drains in your home. The first thing that most people notice is the smell, as well as toilets not flushing properly and sinks and showers draining slowly or not at all.
- What causes sewer backups? Tree roots growing into the pipes and non-flushable items (paper towels, sanitary napkins, toys, etc.) being flushed, most commonly. Broken pipes can also cause a backup and may require the entire sewage line to be dug up and repaired or replaced.
- Should I have my sewer or drains cleaned regularly? Absolutely! Neglecting your drains and sewers can lead to unnecessarily costly repairs later. Having your drains cleaned regularly helps to prevent build up that can lead to clogs, keep your drains in good repair, help to prevent leaks, and prevent damage to your home that could occur if the drains or sewer are backed up.
- Are there any steps I can take to help prevent backups between professional cleanings? Of course!
- Don’t flush anything but toilet paper and waste. Anything not designed to be flushed will not dissolve quickly and can develop into clogs.
- Do not pour cooking grease of any kind down any of your drains. Once it cools, it can solidify into a clog that will not be broken down by most over the counter drain cleaners.
- Be careful with drain cleaners. Follow all instructions; wear hand and eye protection, and DO NOT use more than one bottle of drain cleaner in a 24-hour period unless directed by the bottle’s instructions or a professional.
- DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT DRAIN CLEANERS. Many different cleaners use a variety of active ingredients that could react violently with one another if mixed. This could cause more damage to your pipes, create dangerous fumes, or result in painful chemical burns.
- Do not pour acid down your drains. Some DIY plumbing stores may recommend it, but you have as much chance of damaging your plumbing as you do removing a clog.
- When should I call for sewer and drain cleaning? Ideally, you should call as soon as you realize that there is a problem. Your best bet is to call us and let us fix it right the first time.
We at Kizen Plumbing will go extra mile for our customers and will make sure they receive the world class services. So, if you are looking for sewer repair & drain cleaning contractors in Redondo Beach, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance and the surrounding areas, Kizen Plumbing can help.
Thank you for visiting Kizen Plumbing. We appreciate you stopping by! Our services include sewer and drain Cleaning, repairs, diagnosis and check-ups, sewer camera inspections, tankless and standard Water Heaters, trenchless pipe repair, seismic valves, water, gas, drain & vent pipes, faucets, disposals, toilets repaired and replaced. We offer upfront, flat rate pricing, no hourly rates and no hidden fees.
Are you a Veteran or Senior? We offer discounts everyday! Call us for a free estimate and someone from our friendly staff will you back to schedule a time. You can call us right now at 310-644-9757 or click here to contact us through our website.