Plumbing problems are never fun. Until recent years, plumbing problems were often synonymous with a wrecked lawn because pipe replacement or sewer line repair meant digging up the pipes to replace them with new pipes. This process also meant that you had to repair a big chunk of your lawn after the damage was done. Fortunately, we now have the technology to repair sewer lines without the mess and damage.
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Line Repair
Sewer lines can burst or become damaged anywhere along the line. Your lawn may be the least of your worries if the line runs under your home! We can easily repair a pipe that is under your home without having to dig our way to it.
- Faster Repairs – Sewer line repairs generally take less than a day because we don’t have to spend the extra time digging up your lawn and searching for the problem area.
- Less Intrusive Service – We can usually access the affected pipe from an area that can be easily landscaped vs. an entire trench.
- Less Expensive – Trenchless sewer line repair costs less because we spend fewer hours on the repairs.
- Up to Code – The repairs meet code standards, so you don’t have to worry about it.
How Trenchless Sewer Line Repair Works
- Hydro-Jetting – First we clean the interior of the affected pipe. We use a water-jetting system for this because it can remove roots, scale, soil, debris, and buildup.
- CCTV Video Inspection – Next we inspect the pipes to ensure that everything is cleaned out. We also measure the pipe to make sure we know how long the pipes are and inspect the broken or damaged area.
- Prepare the Pipe Liner – The liner isn’t just a simple tube that we insert, it must be properly prepared in order for it to work effectively.
- Install the Pipe Liner – The installation process is quite detailed, so we won’t go into all of the useless jargon here.
- CCTV Video Inspection – We inspect the pipe liner once it has been set into place to make sure it has properly settled and that it has properly repaired the broken or damaged area.
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair in California
Earthquakes like the one last week that registered 5.2 in Borrego Springs can cause broken sewer lines and need to be repaired. All plumbing here in the Redondo Beach area and throughout Los Angeles is at risk with every earthquake. Make sure you have my number here at Kizen Plumbing or some other emergency plumber available in the event of an emergency. You never know when you will need to call us for emergency repairs after an earthquake.