Some plumbing problems are obvious; the drain that won’t unclog regardless of your attempts, or the big flood of water coming from behind the wall are obvious issues. There are several other less-obvious things that need the attention of a plumber, and most people don’t know what they are until they become a larger problem. Those are what we’re going to look at today.
- Inconsistent Water Pressure: A shower without good water pressure is just running water. A dishwasher without good water pressure doesn’t even get all of your dishes wet. A washer without good water pressure may take an hour to fill for a single load of laundry. Inconsistent water pressure can be a serious issue. There may be mineral buildup or blockages somewhere in the pipes that carry water to your home. We can help track down these issues and get rid of them once and for all.
- Slow Drains: They’re not clogged up yet, there’s not much to worry about, right? Slow drains can actually be a precursor to a badly clogged drain. It could also indicate that there’s a problem somewhere down the pipe, like tree roots or a crack. Our plumbing technician can clear the drain and look for potential problems using a CCTV camera system.
- Temperature Fluctuations with the Water Heater: Your water heater should be set at 120 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent bacterial buildup. You can choose to set it hotter, but remember it costs more to keep the water hotter. Inconsistent water temperature could mean that the thermostat is going out. We can troubleshoot and diagnose your water heater, and help you decide whether it is time to switch to tankless or wait a little longer.
- Constantly Running Toilet: Busy households may not realize a constantly running toilet until it has run several thousand gallons through and reflected in the water bill. Give us a call if you’ve noticed that your toilet is constantly running. We’ll trace down the problem and provide a solution.
- Gurgling Noises Coming from the Drains: Like slow drains, gurgling noises mean that something unusual is going on somewhere in the plumbing system. There could be damage somewhere along the line or you could be hearing the beginning of a rather large blockage.
Kizen Plumbing serves the plumbing needs of homeowners in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at 310-644-9757 if you’re in the greater Los Angeles area and are experiencing any of these plumbing issues. We’ll schedule an appointment as soon as possible to address them.